Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Jönköping


Kawan-kawan... aku ada ofis mate baru... Nama dia Li Jengtao... Sempoi... Skang baru aku ternotice.. Aku slalu tulis blog lepas jumpa ngan supervisor :P. Well this time, sempoi giler the discussion. Before the discussion, mesti call mama dulu.. for comfort.. gelabah gak. Tambah pulak this time nak discuss ngan 2 bangsa yang penah menjajah kita.


Best gak tgk gelagat orang pandai nie. Sembang ilmiah laa katakan. Rasa mcm orang kaya pon ada bila dalam bilik discussion tu. It started on a few questions which was difficult for me to answer(nervous kot). Anyway, Justin started with a few complement regarding my proposal. Like "Now I can see where you're going" ..... "Much better than the last time we met"...He even pointed out the term "eurocentricity" that I often use and the optimistic view of maybe de-eurocentricise certain theories like Post secularization, pre-secularization and secularization. Alot of things that I need to develop clearly especially in methodologising my ideas. Coz, as justin said, research is not just intuition and ideas. It is lso about mathodolgising yer ideas

And alhamdulillah my abstract has been accepted (walaupun antar 1 month late) thanks to God, my mum's prayer n papa n prof Westlund, at least thats the first step on publishing my work.

The discussion about the paper was also quite interesting. There are two opposing views regarding the format of my paper. Prof Henk coming from a quantitative empirical backrground like numbers n heading while Dr J. Beaumont would prefer it in an essay and philosophical form. Well I think both of them are right. Of course prof has the ultimate authority :)...yes boss. But I think different academic view will increase academic vitality :).
I also e-mailed Prof Abd Lateef Abdullah an American and an ex protestant now a Muslim convert about my work and he said that there are many reason why people dont pay Zakah besides secularization. He said that I've justified the use of Zakat as a measure of religiosity, I still need further justification. Prof henk added that I need to add the rationality and irrationality of religious belief and start on the data analysis :) Well there's a lot of work.

It is safer to believe in god because if good doesnt exist, than the impact on you is not very significant. However, if you dont believe in god, and it turned out that god really exist, then you're in deep shit. Bleise Pascal ..... I like this one haha anyway I rephrased it so that it sounds funny. Take that Karl Marx!


The next week amir mai with Juan. I've made tempoyak ikan tillapia and ayam Kurma sedap gila... Everybody ate with their hands. Vincas is an expert in eating with hand :). Juan n Claudio nampak cam kekok sikit haha... N thanks to vincas for baking the Apple pie. I was great!!! Luv it!!!








P/s.... I know somebody has been stalking my blog... I guess you googled my name :)..... What u did to me was horrid. There are some mistakes that is unforgivable. You've lost my trust and respect which u dont deserve in the first place. Nevertheless I forgive you but plz stop it. Can be quite irritating sometimes :).

A word from a philosopher that I look up to. "Only take care and care for the person who cares for you"

No comments:

Post a Comment